thepopulaceplayslogo

Monday 20 December 2010

FINAL - Intro to the Artists: Rob Reed

#6: Rob Reed


It is only recently that I have really found the ability to draw from the world. Imitation is easy, to comprehend existence but adding something of yourself is very hard. Grasping the simple principles of what makes people react to what they see is the artist’s vocation and one, as young artists, are far from completely understand. After making the first steps onto that path of discovery, the work exhibited in The Populace Plays is a further progression into the unknown development of vision and mind. I admit this is by no means a final product.


I have a particular interest in the existence of dark and light forces within the world. This may sound a little far-fetched, but the fact is that everyday something bad and good will happen. I feel it is my duty to address these issues.


The reason I mainly use black and white is generally for this purpose, I also feel it adds drama. Black is submissive and generally everywhere, without it however, white wouldn’t be so bright. I see many aspects of the world in this greyscale, from benign conversations to current affairs. Artists call this the third eye; judgement and understanding. Everyone has it; some are just more comfortable using it. The Populace Plays is my achievement of reflecting the colour white; the good.  
Inflicting an emotion upon a viewer is what I strived to achieve. My aim in life as an artist is to produce a piece of work that lingers through the heart and soul like the sweet song of nostalgia. After all, art is opinion; therefore your guess is as good as mine. My high standards of art often leave me disappointed with others efforts but especially my own. It drives me crazy and I often lose patience with the art world and inwardly, with what I am doing. I feel that passion services well within my work.

My selection is pretty much split with emotional, concave thinking and positive outward reflection. It is hard to really explain the issues that lie on the forefront of my mind. Some days I can be bent in reflection, lost in thought and clouded in mind but with something as simple as pencil and paper I am able to explain it. This is my work from the past year of my life, nothing more, nothing less. I will not degrade it by saying the work is completely interlinked under an umbrella of a subject as it isn’t. I will not say each piece is as good as the next nor would I say I have made assumptions on how the world needs to change. I will say however, I have laid my soul on the canvas and welcome to its distain and pleasures.





To date, no work that is to be exhibited on the 23rd has been seen by any, but the creator. The viewing is exclusively the first opportunity to see nearly a years worth of work for this artist.


Until the 23rd - Get your Ticket's here

No comments:

Post a Comment

item1
item2
item4
item2a
item5
item6
item7
item8
flyingcolourslogosmall
copyright1
helpforheroes
Facebookbutton1
robertreeds1
date2
blog1item7