thepopulaceplayslogo

Monday 13 December 2010

Intro to the Artists: Hugo Wijngaard

#4:



The inspiration for my practice comes from working with unwanted 35mm slides and over saturated post-cards. 
My artwork takes a critical view of reality, and how within the 20th century reality and the virtual are almost indistinguishable. Interest in the real and the virtual is the issues that arise when trying to represent something with the problems surrounding the idea of an original artefact and engaging with the discourse of authorship.





















Raised in Somerset I realised on return I've not exhibited locally for a long time so though that Populace Plays gives me a good opportunity to showcase the work I've been making for shows across the UK and Europe. I've selected works from two previous shows ranging from drawings to prints and made new works to give this new audience a glimpse into my practise as an artist. 


Ticket sales are starting to creep up so get yours now to ensure you get in.

Until the 23rd - Get your's here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

item1
item2
item4
item2a
item5
item6
item7
item8
flyingcolourslogosmall
copyright1
helpforheroes
Facebookbutton1
robertreeds1
date2
blog1item7